Operations Supervisor - Day Shift
- 193 Edwards Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Operations Supervisor to contribute to our Operations team in Jackson, TN. An Operations Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operation of the assigned departments to include supervision of associates for compliance with company policies and procedures.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
The Operations Supervisor ensures that all TAT times are observed in accordance with priority work and customer commitments. Monitors and instructs all associates assigned to shift, and ensures that throughput is maximized and efficiencies within the process are observed, with an emphasis on quality standards and practices. Serves as LSI on-site management for night and/or weekend shifts when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory position within a print production environment, or comparable management experience.
- Supervises the associates assigned to the print floor, providing adequate resources to ensure maximum throughput and minimum waste while monitoring all quality standards put in place.
- Works to ensure that all assigned tasks are accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of associates including proper record keeping, time and attendance monitoring and approval, performance evaluations, and recommendations regarding associate advancement and/or disciplinary procedures.
- Performs operations on the print floor as required. Quickly responds and elevates any equipment downtime issues, through interaction with both internal and external vendor support.
- Tracks product/department processing and completion in accordance with established TAT schedules and production goals.
- Audits individual productivity and quality to ensure operators are meeting expected and established standards.
- Identifies root causes of failure to meet these standards and takes corrective action as needed.
- Compiles a thorough pass-down to inform incoming shift of current operations status, through an interactive crossover with incoming management staff.
- Keeps Senior Management aware of all issues that may impact the ability of the shift to provide effective and efficient production and meet established service levels.
- Maintains consistent quality assurance standards through interaction with the Quality team to ensure that orders are processed completely and accurately.
- Manages multiple distribution systems and processes including DMS, DOCS, Distribution Management, to ensure timely delivery of high priority work and ensure all orders are shipped in a timely manner.
- Personal computing skills including PC based applications (Office, Excel, Word and Outlook programs).
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures and processes to include OSHA guidelines and practices
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
B Shift: Wed-Fri 7am-7pm + 1/2 day on Sun, Mon, or Tues + OT as needed
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.