Operations Supervisor - Inventory Control
- 210 American Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Operations Supervisor to contribute to our Operations team in Jackson, TN. An Operations Supervisor ensures the efficient operation of shift(s) and/or department(s) in a warehouse distribution environment.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
- HS Diploma or GED (Degree Preferred)
- 3 years warehouse experience in a fast paced, high volume environment
- 2 + years experience in a Supervisory or Lead Capacity
- 2 years experience working with a Warehouse Management System
- Identifies, organizes, plans and allocates resources
- Acquires and analyzes relevant information about shift performance indicators
- Identifies issues/processes that deviate from standards and takes necessary action
- Engages associates assigned to the area
- Escalates problems or issues to the appropriate level that cannot be solved at the level of this position
- Maintains appropriate Payroll records, including daily input in KRONOS
- Provides input into Inventory Control and Operations related status reports and uses standardized reports
- Maintains HR related information
- Interviews and selects associates for hire and/or promotion
- Ensures that all administrative duties are completed according to established timelines
- Trains or oversees the training of newly hired associates
- Conducts or oversees process update training of all associates as changes are implemented
- Analyzes staffing needs and delegates work based on volume requirements in assigned departments.
- Issues progressive counseling (up to including termination) to associates for performance below minimum expectations
- Previous Inventory Control experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cycle counting process
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prioritization skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Oral & Written communication skills up to high school level
- Reading comprehension skills up to high school level
- Math skills – basic arithmetic, addition, subtraction
- Critical thinking skills Reading comprehension skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment
- Ability to perform repetitive manual tasks
- Ability to work independently or collaborate in a group environment
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to maintain reasonably reliable attendance
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, see, think, communicate, concentrate, learn, and work
- Personal computing skills including PC based applications (Office, Excel, Word and Outlook programs)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.