Senior Reconciliation Clerk
- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Sr. Reconciliation Clerk to contribute to our team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This person will be responsible for all processes and systems related to reconciliation and credit processing. They will research, evaluate, and match customer claims to credit memos. They will also research, evaluate, and make requests to process credit internally and track all monthly actions via spreadsheet. The Sr. Reconciliation Clerk will be responsible for all types of customer claims and must have a solid understanding of which departments should be involved. Finally, they may assist with Reconciliation Clerks or Credit Representatives training for system processes. The ideal candidate will have some Accounting knowledge and experience dealing with debits and credits, as well as a strong attention to detail.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, our Accounting and Finance teams are collaborative, innovative and are recognized as change agents, partnering with skilled professionals across the country to generate new, impactful ideas. We are proactive, evolving and highly respected in our industry. We are flexible, have fun, and foster professionalism. Our focus on providing exceptional customer support differentiates us from competitors.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are a professional in accounting and finance that is seeking a stable, adaptable team, we can’t wait to meet you!
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of Ingram Accounting experience (i.e., Reconciliation Clerk, Cash Application, Credit Processing, Accounts Payable Representative, Accounting Clerk, Credit) OR 3 years’ experience in an accounting function (i.e., Accounts Receivable, Teller, Accounts Payable) that includes account reconciliation and related research
- 1 year of experience creating spreadsheets in MS Excel, including creating basic mathematical formulas and data manipulation
- Experience using Oracle
- Responsible for all processes and systems related to credit processing and reconciliation.
- Act as the subject matter expert when fielding questions from both internal and external customers.
- Reviews weekly assigned credit requests to validate and document before processing; ensuring proper level of approval is provided by Ingram Management.
- Processes all credits for Lightning Source (LSI); average of 350-450 credits per month.
- Prepares month-end reporting for executive leader review; details all credits issued by type of error.
- Coordinates with AP and Billing in order to correct issues; initiates in Lightning Bug.
- Issues manual credit card refunds based on customer terms.
- Identifies and audits credit variances between customer and system (to include deal form or other form of approval) and communicate exceptions to management.
- Researches, evaluates, and analyzes customer claims and notifies customer of variance; documents with the Lightning Bug and Oracle systems.
- Recognizes potential customer issues and escalates to senior management for review with all necessary information and research complete.
- Monitors abnormal account actions; checks for numbers that are out of credit limits or appear unusual for customer.
- Audits credit requests for compliance with levels of approval and sufficient back-up.
- Performs all duties within reconciliation for LSI key accounts (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Baker and Taylor, Ingram and Ambassador).
- Maintains weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly spreadsheets; includes records of claim variances, proof of delivery, customer correspondence, and quarterly/annual settlements.
- Supports the key account credit representative in problem-solving, collections, and internal and external communication to customers requesting payment.
- Works with Management, Client Services, Sales Department and the customers to ensure accuracy for reporting and documenting reconciliations and/or credit processing
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 10 vacation days & 10 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.