- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a hiring for a Network Engineer (Infrastructure/Networking) to join our Infrastructure Services team in our LaVergne, TN (greater Nashville area) headquarters.
This individual will provide support and monitoring of all installed systems and infrastructure (especially network-related) components. This engineer will work on a team of infrastructure engineers to install, configure, test, and maintain infrastructure hardware, operating systems, application software and system management tools, ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year work experience
- 1 year of experience as a network engineer or systems engineer with a heavy network infrastructure focus
- Demonstrated experience supporting network routers and switches, including dynamic routing, overlays, and all layer 2/3 functionality in an enterprise environment
- Experience supporting security appliances, such as traditional and next-gen firewalls, along with standalone or integrated IDS/IPS
- Experience supporting either hardware or software load balancers, such as F5, NetScaler, HAProxy, or Nginx
- Basic understanding of any scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Knowledge of software deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, Bamboo, GitLab
- Basic understanding of application containerization platforms such as Docker, CRI-O, or Container and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Troubleshoot problems related to physical and virtual infrastructure performance and resolve trouble tickets as assigned
- Manage, participate, or perform tasks related to specific projects to implement new technology as assigned
- Build, configure, integrate, deploy and test infrastructure components, operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate, maintain, and modify established ‘best practices’ for infrastructure maintenance and asset management
- Maintain consistent documentation for system configurations, installation and administration procedures
- Utilize configuration automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and SaltStack
- Interact regularly with intermediate and senior engineers to identify, build, and implement automation to drive greater efficiencies and standards
- Manage and maintain system monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios/Icinga, and Prometheus
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.