- 1700 Fourth St, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Project Specialist to contribute to our West Margin Press team in Berkeley, CA. In this role, you will partner with the publishing director to define and implement projects that support and develop a high-volume classics publishing program. You will create schedules, track project’s progress, resolve issues and impediments, report statuses, and communicate the progress internally to stakeholders. You’ll also collaborate with Marketing team, creating and implementing content marketing and social media strategies that ensure publishing program success. The ideal candidate will have experience writing and creating content, and experience managing projects.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 years’ experience with project management
- 1 years’ experience with content marketing and social media strategy
- Background in English, Communications or related
- Publishing industry experience
- Manages multi-title publishing program projects.
- Coordinates the day-to-day development and production of multiple books.
- Collaborates with service providers on layout and proofreading of files.
- Coordinates team of copywriters who write SEO-optimized back-cover copy and other metadata
- Input all metadata into CoreSource, Ingram’s CMS.
- Analyzes product reviews and market feedback and adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Collaborates with publishing director, designer, and marketing manager on book program elements.
- Tracks project milestones; provides basic project analysis and documents progress throughout the project.
- Tracks all publishing program projects from conception to completion.
- Oversees and tracks numerous projects simultaneously and provides weekly reports on targets, release dates, and impediments that threaten completion.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym
- Avid reader?
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.