Quality Services Specialist - (3.5 Days/ Week, Night Shift)
- 860 Nestle Way, Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring a Quality Services Specialist to contribute to our Lightning Source team in Breinigsville, PA.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You'll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience in quality control/quality assurance required.
- 1-2 years of printing-related experience, preferably in a digital book manufacturing setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor and analyze programs designed to maintain/improve product quality.
- Inspect books at various stages of the production process and compile audit findings to determine compliance with standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Perform Quality Services Checklist identified by management and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Recommend modifications and improvements to systems and procedures.
- Assist in the evaluation and resolution of quality issues, manufacturing breakdowns or training issues.
- Serve as administrator of training programs for all Operations associates.
- Maintain master training spreadsheets used in skills assessments and perform reassessments on a regular basis.
- Develop training guidelines for new equipment and/or product offerings.
- Assist with the monitoring of waste streams and help develop and implement projects designed to reduce waste of materials and/or time.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methods preferred.
- Waste Reduction and Training experience preferred.
Why You Should Apply
- Onsite food & refreshments available for purchase
- Overtime available during peak season $$$
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00pm-7:00am + 1/2 Shift either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and OT as needed
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.