Operations Supervisor - Distribution 2nd Shift
- 210 American Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for an Operations Supervisor to contribute to our Distribution team in Jackson, TN. An Operations Team Lead supports all operational and administrative activities required to run a department of major warehouse activity.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You'll Need:
- 3 years warehouse experience in a fast paced, high volume environment
- 2 + years experience as a Supervisor
- 2 years experience working with a Warehouse Management System
- 6 months work experience which included walking, standing, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling, gripping/grasping, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing, crawling, reaching above shoulders, typing/keyboard
What You'll Do:
- Analyze staffing needs and delegate work based on volume requirements in assigned department
- Issue progressive counseling (up to including termination) to associates for performance below minimum expectations
- Train or oversee the training of newly hired associates
- Conduct or oversee process of updating training of all associates as changes are implemented
- Acquire and analyze relevant information about shift performance indicators
- Interview and select associates for hire and/or promotion
- Identify issues/processes that deviate from standards and take necessary action
- Maintain appropriate Payroll records, including daily input in KRONOS
- Provide input for Operations related status reports and use standardized reports
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- Starting 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.