Human Resources Generalist, Manufacturing (M-F 12PM-9PM)
- 1246 Heil Quaker Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Human Resources Generalist to contribute to our Lightning Source (LSI) team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This individual serves as the single point of contact for HR services and programs for a targeted group of internal customers. Guides all aspects of HR delivery to positively impact business unit performance. Administers the functions of the employment lifecycle from recruitment to exit such as sourcing, staffing, employment administration, associate relations, leave administration, benefit administration, and training.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion and are seeking an opportunity with a fast paced, customer-centric company offering a competitive salary and benefits, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree or enrolled in last semester of college pursing a BA/BS
- 1 year of Human Resources experience, which can include course work or projects
- 3 or more years of Human Resources experience with a focus in Employee Relations and multiple HR disciplines
- Leave experience (ADA, FMLA, and STD)
- Experience within an operations or high production environment (i.e. Manufacturing, Distribution, Warehouse)
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Experience conducting new hire orientation and with administrative tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (data manipulation, charts/graphs, pivot tables and V look-ups)
- Administers the functions of the employment lifecycle from recruitment to exit such as sourcing, staffing, employment administration, associate relations, leave administration, benefits administration, and training.
- Manages the recruitment process to ensure compliance and the availability of talent to meet client group needs. This includes managing vendor/agency staffing relationships to supply a contingent workforce as needed.
- Delivers orientation and educates new hires on company policy and procedures.
- Advises and counsels management and associates on various state and federal regulations, company policies and procedures and HR practices in regards to associate and employment issues.
- Provides support to client group on associate relations matters, to include investigations, leveraging strategies toward resolution and providing recommendations for counseling/ employment status.
- Escalates associate relations matters to senior HR leadership as needed to ensure consistency with company practice and policy and mitigate legal risk for the organization.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- Starting 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.