- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Systems Architect to contribute to our IT Services team in LaVergne, TN, just outside the Nashville area. The Systems Architect designs and implements short-term tactical and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software through review and analysis of current technology infrastructure and its ability to support business objectives. This person performs system and network modeling, analysis and planning to implement a solution that will meet business needs within financial budget guidelines. They also utilize technical expertise to provide guidance and make decisions on changes required throughout the design process and may participate in the initial development along with the team of information technology professionals.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- 7 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent role, with 3+ years in a Senior Engineering and/or Architect role
- 2+ years of experience designing and deploying enterprise systems
- 2+ years of experience working with public cloud, configuration automation, and IaC tools
- Demonstrated skills using Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Demonstrated experience using Python
- Experience owning and leading projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present technical findings to non-technical business leaders
- Strategically designs and implement in-house information systems and networked software architectures that support core business functions
- Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and acts as escalation tier for Senior System Engineers for troubleshooting problems related to physical and virtual infrastructure systems
- Manages, participates, or performs tasks related to specific projects to implement new technology as assigned
- Provides architectural expertise in planning, investigation, prototyping, testing, implementation and operation phases for the integration of services, systems and applications within a network of multi-platform clients and servers
- Designs, implements and utilizes configuration automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and SaltStack
- Designs, implements and utilizes IaC tools such as Terraform and Azure resource manager to consistently provision resources
- Designs and implements system monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios/Icinga, and Prometheus
- Drives creation of documentation and policies related to system configurations, installation, and administrative procedures
- Participates in the strategic planning for the future of the infrastructure environment
- Provides on-call support for problem resolution
- Using technical expertise leads and mentors System Engineers
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.