Intermediate Cyber Security Engineer
- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for an Intermediate Cyber Security Engineer to join our Information Technology team in LaVergne, TN (Greater Nashville Area). The Intermediate Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring applications, networks, and software systems/mobile applications are planned, designed, developed, and implemented. Ensures protection from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction according to the appropriate security standards and practices. Develops, implements, monitors, evaluates, and maintains enterprise information/security architectures and recommends solutions. Analyzes infrastructure, application environments and web services. Conducts vulnerability assessments while monitoring systems, network, databases and Web for potential system breaches. Responsible for the design, execution, and (where possible) the automation of threat management, vulnerability management, and breach management processes while preventing and recovering from security incidents. Develops and designs key tools and processes’ supporting medium to highly complexity projects impacting security. Responsible for designing and automating assessments, through penetration testing and ethical hacking and then analyzing security risks’ and recommending mitigating and compensating security controls. Reports, investigates and resolves security incidents. Educates and communicates security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees. Recommends and implements changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access. Researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. Ensures compliance with regulations and privacy laws. Responsible for research and development projects that help set the future direction of our security tooling choices.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree or directly related year-for-year experience
- 3 or more years of engineering experience in networks or systems (Windows or Linux)
- 2 or more years of experience in Information Security
- 4 or more years of Information Security experience
- Experience managing multiple projects through to implementation within Information Security
- Understands business IT needs and requirements and emerging technologies and can relate them to the company and its business objectives
- Experience documenting procedures
- Splunk or similar SIEM experience
- Experience providing security solutions for virtual environments
- Experience conducting assessments through penetration testing and ethical hacking
- Experience with incident response methodologies, including collecting and protecting security artifacts
- Application design review experience
- Experience automating security controls
- Software, database, servers, networking, applications, web application, and remote connectivity security experience
- Experience with vulnerability management scanning tools (Nessus or Metasploit)
- Experience monitoring, evaluating and interpreting vulnerabilities, CVEs, remedies, mitigation measures, techniques for escalation, social engineering tactics, phishing techniques, and vulnerability assessments
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and designs security solutions.
- Researches security trends and recommends remediation plans in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of a system breach in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Understands business IT needs and requirements and emerging technologies and has the ability to relate them to the company and its business objectives.
- Performs security assessments and recommends mitigation strategies or improvements based on security best practices
- Conducts vulnerability assessments and monitors systems, networks, and databases for possible security breaches and recommends improvements.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- Starting 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.