Cyber Security Engineer
- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our Information Technology team in LaVergne, TN (Greater Nashville Area). The Cyber Security Engineer participates in penetration & vulnerability tests and mitigating efforts. This individual is responsible for investigating security incidents, monitoring for and handling escalation tickets requesting security investigation, and updating the team lead / manager on security incidents and tickets. Also, works with senior engineers to ensure applications, networks, and software systems/mobile applications are planned, designed, developed, and implemented in a secure manner, consistent with industry standards.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree or directly related year-for-year experience
- 1 or more years of engineering experience in networks or systems (Windows or Linux)
- 1 or more years of experience in Information Security
- 1 year of development experience using Python within Splunk
- 2 or more years of Information Security experience
- Experience automating security controls
- Software, database, servers, networking, applications, web application, and remote connectivity security experience
- Experience with vulnerability management scanning tools (Nessus or Metasploit)
- Experience monitoring, evaluating and interpreting vulnerabilities, CVEs, remedies, mitigation measures, techniques for escalation, social engineering tactics, phishing techniques, and vulnerability assessments
- Understands business IT needs and requirements and emerging technologies and can relate them to the company and its business objectives
- Assists in performing security assessments and assists in implementing mitigation strategies or improvements based on security best practices
- Assists in monitoring systems, networks, and databases for possible security breaches, and recommends improvements
- Participates in the design and engineering of key security tools, including the automation of the execution of tasks and processes through scripting and programming
- Assists to develop processes such that security analysts and operations can perform ongoing delegated duties
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- Starting 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.