- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Cataloging Supervisor to contribute to our Operations team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. A Cataloging Supervisor ensures the efficient operation of shifts and/or departments in a warehouse distribution environment.
You love supporting one library, but what if you could support thousands?
At Ingram, our Library Services teams curate titles and services for a wide range of libraries from small and rural libraries to multi-branch urban library systems. We focus on providing exceptional support to our library customers by improving workflows and processes with content, shelf-ready services, collection development and analytics -- all while developing and maintaining everlasting relationships with our clients. Our teams collaborate and innovate with a variety of skilled professionals and manage projects with quality and profitability in mind.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion and are seeking an opportunity with a fast paced, customer centric company offering a competitive salary and benefits, we can’t wait to meet you!
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 + years’ experience supervising a group of individuals
- 6 months work experience which included walking, standing, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling, gripping/grasping, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing, crawling, reaching above shoulders, typing/keyboard
- Must be willing to work an average of 45 hours or more per week AND overtime as needed
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Cataloging experience at the professional level in a library or production environment
- Experience using OCLC and an integrated library system
- Experience in a warehouse environment, including exposure to varying temperatures
- Identifies, organizes, plans and allocates resources
- Acquires and analyzes relevant information about shift performance indicators
- Identifies issues/processes that deviate from standards and takes necessary action
- Engages associates assigned to the area
- Escalates problems or issues to the appropriate level that cannot be solved at the level of this position
- This list is not exhaustive
Key Physical Demands:
- Sedentary work
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, see, think, communicate, concentrate, learn, and work
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.