Intermediate Full Stack Software Engineer (Elixir/ROR)
- 2 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to students?
At VitalSource, our team is using startup technology at scale, with over 1 million users per week. Our mission is to make digital learning materials accessible and affordable to all students, and we are excited to see this spread as we expand our global reach.
Our agile teams, which are centered on products, are enabled to have a high ownership of problems with little hierarchy. We use cloud tech, Kubernetes, APIs, modern architecture, continuous deployment, and integrations to reach our key initiatives. These technologies allow us to integrate with colleges and universities, as well as offer the most accessible eTextbook reader in the world for the visually impaired. If you are an IT professional seeking a company that is passionate about their mission, providing great services for learning, and offering technology at scale, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree OR related year for year experience
- 4 years of experience with in Software Engineer in a Modern Language
- 6 months of software development experience with Ruby on Rails or Elixir (which can include school experience, IT Boot Camps, internships, externships, or post graduate projects)
- Full-stack web development in Elixir, React, MySQL and Linux
- Experience with large-scale web applications
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems via APIs
- Deploying apps using Docker
- Experience with cloud-based environments
- Experience with relational database (MySQL) design and development
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development environments
- Develop creative and innovative solutions for the next generation of educational learning
- Provide full application development life cycle support, including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment with assistance from Senior and Lead Application Development
- Communicate effectively with internal and external users as needed to support channel integration, development and support
- Support development with appropriate documentation
- Develops and modifies internal and external facing software as part of an Agile/SCRUM team
- Supports development with appropriate documentation
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative, open work space, where your contributions truly make a difference.
- Employer paid parking/commuter subsidy coupled with pre-tax commuter benefits for associates.
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
- Free Snacks/Drinks/Coffee
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.