Operations Supervisor - Night Shift
- 860 Nestle Way, Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring an Operations Supervisor to contribute to our Lightning Source team in Breinigsville, PA.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a production shift including supervision of personnel for compliance with company policies and procedures. Operations Supervisors keep management aware of all issues that may impact the ability of the shift to provide effective and efficient production. Additionally this position will maintain consistent quality assurance standards on the print floor to ensure that orders are processed accurately.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You'll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 Years experience in a supervisory position within a print production environment, or comparable management experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the daily supervision of associates including proper record keeping, time and attendance monitoring and approval, performance evaluations, and recommendations regarding associate advancement and/or disciplinary procedures.
- Supervise the associates assigned to the print floor, providing adequate resources to ensure maximum document quality and minimum waste while monitoring all procedures to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform operations on the print floor as required. Quickly respond and elevate any equipment downtime issues.
- Track book processing and completion in accordance with established target completion times and production schedule and audits individual productivity and quality to ensure operators are meeting expected standards. Identifies root causes of not meeting these standards and takes corrective action.
- Compile a thorough pass down to inform incoming shift of current operations status.
- Assist Management in providing an effective and efficient production environment.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to walk and stand as needed
- Ability to grip/grasp as needed
- Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 50lbs as needed
- Ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 50lbs force to push as needed
- Ability to bend, squat/kneel, twist/turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently
- Ability to work a flexible which could include nights and weekends
- Ability to travel as needed
- Exposure to wide range of temperatures
Why You Should Apply
- Work only 3.5 days per week
- Onsite food & refreshments available for purchase
- Temperature Controlled Environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Convenient Location
C Shift: Sun-Tues 7pm-7am, Thursday 7pm-1am
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.