Graphic Design Intern
- 1700 Fourth St, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring an intern to contribute to our West Margin Press team in Berkeley, CA. The Internship is designed to provide current graphic design students with practical, real-world experience and expose them to the many facets of print and e-book design in the setting of a trade publisher’s office.
Are you a graphic design student who is eager to learn? Do you have an interest in learning about the book industry? Come learn the ropes of book publishing at West Margin Press. Located in Berkeley, West Margin Press is the new name of Graphic Arts Books, a publisher of mainly Western, regionally-themed books for the trade for children and adults. Put your design chops to test working on books from start to finish. Tasks will include page layout, color correction of images, and help with creating other collateral for selling the books, like social media posts, ads and catalogs.
West Margin Press is part of Ingram Content Group. At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current college student pursing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s level degree
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat)
- Provides book layout assistance using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat), using the skills developed in school in a real-world setting.
- Works on all aspects of book production including the color correction of images, the layout of book pages, preparing files for print, and checking proofs.
- Creates assets for advertising and marketing the books, including designing assets for social media channels.
- Monitors assigned objectives and works with manager to develop and prioritize projects/assignments.
- Communicates necessary updates/information to department associates
- Casual Dress Code
- Paid internship
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.