Senior Software Engineer (ROR)
- 2 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 years Software Engineering experience
- 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails, ES6, React and Redux
- Working knowledge of Docker, GCP and Kubernetes
- Experience working on high-scale, consumer facing applications
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in a continuous deployment environment using Jenkins or similar
- Work in an agile team environment on the next generation of educational software products and platforms.
- Report to Director of Software Engineering
- Collaborates with product managers to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Provide full application development life cycle support, including research, specifications, prototypes, development, documentation, quality assurance and deployment.
- Communicate effectively with team members, cross product teams, business stakeholders and external partners.
- Will work in an agile development environment and a continuous deployment environment using Jenkins.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative, open work space, where your contributions truly make a difference.
- Employer paid parking/commuter subsidy coupled with pre-tax commuter benefits for associates.
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
- Remote Work Options (by team)
- Free Snacks/Drinks/Coffee
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.