APOD Equipment Operator
- 3145 S Northpointe Dr, Fresno, CA 93725, USA
- Operates all production equipment including but not limited to toner based printers, digital printers, color printers, binders, trimmers, folder/gluer, shrink wrap tunnel, saddle stitch, and paper drill to achieve shift production volume and meet safety and quality as described in the Lightning Source operating manual.
- Applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area.
- Perform data entry though computer or equipment terminals.
- Operate motorized material handling equipment as required based on facility requirements.
- Understand team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification when needed.
- Notifies supervisor and/or specialist when equipment is not operating effectively.
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Communicates daily with ream members and management about operational procedures.
- Supports facility safety and quality programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of and able to learn industry specific technology.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, as assigned.
- Ability to understand and communicate oral and written instruction.
- Ability to operate a personal computer effectively.
- Ability to perform repetitive manual tasks.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands.
- Ability to meet and maintain production standards.
- Ability to maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to walk and stand continuously during the assigned shift.
- Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 50 pounds during the assigned shift - up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull in a manufacturing environment up to 50 pounds during the assigned shift - up to 40 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to grip/grasp continuously during the assigned shift.
- Ability to bend, kneel/squat, twist/turn, reach above shoulder and type/use keyboard frequently during the assigned shift.
- Ability to work designated shift including overtime as required by business or customer needs.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Why You Should Apply
- Work only 3.5 days per week
- Onsite food & refreshments available for purchase
- Book discounts
- Overtime available during peak season $$$
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Convenient Location – just 20 miles outside of Nashville
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.