Senior Trade Show & Events Specialist
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a Sr. Trade Show & Events Specialist join our team in LaVergne, TN (Greater Nashville area). This individual will lead the development and execution of high-profile and complex trade show and event program plans for profitable key accounts and specified Ingram Content Group (ICG) lines of business (LOBs). Leads the planning, implementation, and execution of meetings, events, and trade shows for a cross-section of ICG companies/divisions.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful.
At Ingram, our publisher-facing business offers more than just traditional wholesale services. It offers fully integrated and relevant solutions for client publishers. Comprised of book printing, digital book, distribution, publishing sales and marketing services, this part of Ingram’s business helps publishers discover more ways to sell content in markets across the globe. Based in the Nashville area, New York, Berkeley and other locations, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 5 years’ experience producing various sized trade shows, meetings and events in a professional environment
- CMP Certified
- Experience building out agendas and meetings, ability to client face service; service oriented
- Experience taking ownership of projects, helping clients meet tasks and goals hands on
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and cooperatively with the TSE Director
- Knowledge of and ability to use software for tradeshows, marketing and exhibits (i.e. ExhibitForce, eTouches, Sketch Up)
- Ability to quickly connect with others and demonstrate exceptional customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to establish relationships within all ICG client groups, business partners, and vendors
- Ability to plan and execute events
- Communication, collaboration, and reasoning skills
- Computer proficiency, internet searching, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with urgent deadlines and manage multiple high-priority assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to follow and execute instructions effectively
- Ability to be self-motivated and ability work independently
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.