- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring a Controller for our Consolidated Wholesale Distribution (CWD) business in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This person directs accounting operations, to include production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. They also serve as a key member of the management team, a go-to person for the VP, Finance and work closely with cross-functional leadership to execute business objectives. In addition, this person manages, coaches, and develops the accounting team.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, our Accounting and Finance teams are collaborative, innovative and are recognized as change agents, partnering with skilled professionals across the country to generate new, impactful ideas. We are proactive, evolving and highly respected in our industry. We are flexible, have fun, and foster professionalism. Our focus on providing exceptional customer support differentiates us from competitors.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are a professional in accounting and finance that is seeking a stable, adaptable team, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 10 years’ experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis or reporting
- 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Public Accounting experience
- Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of the General Accounting department for Ingram Content Group to include accounting, forecasting, accounts payable and publisher sales reporting, accounts receivable and budgetary control.
- Ensures that all financial transactions, policies and procedures for meet the objectives of Ingram Content Group and all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates the provision of information to internal and external auditors for the annual audit.
- Develops, implements and maintains procedures to improve efficiency of company financial functions and the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Prepares ICG Consolidated Financial reporting to Ingram Industries and responds to inquiries about fluctuations, including foreign entities.
- Monitors financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Ingram Industries treasury, tax, and insurance and to facilitate financial activities.
- Develops and maintains relationships and coordinates activities with Ingram Content Group credit and collections, LSI and VST accounting and financial services groups.
- Appraises operating results in terms of cost, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities. Investigates and explains variances to senior management.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, industry standards and current accounting standards.
- Oversees the development and issuance of timely and complete financial statements and related operating metrics.
- Oversees the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Communicates department and ICG goals and objectives to associates.
- Partners with VP to support the annual strategic planning process.
- Manages financial communications and presentations to senior management.
- Provides financial analyses as needed.
- Works with IT and business leaders to identify opportunities and to implement automation in the area of financial systems and processes.
- Participates in due diligence and integration of acquisitions
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.