- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Sales Specialist to contribute to our team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This person serves as Digital Services’ primary contact for assigned small to mid-sized publishers wanting ICG digital products and services in all global markets. In this role, you must be flexible and fully understand the complexity of the rapidly evolving and expanding ebook and audiobook marketplaces to be able to successfully sell ICG products and services. The representative will be expected to work independently, growing existing accounts as well as securing new business relationships with new publishers. The representative will assess customers’ needs and determine the appropriate services to meet those needs. This person acts as a liaison for assigned market segment and mines account data to identify opportunities. They partner with marketing, other sales teams, and external departments to ensure consistency in strategy and approach. They will also introduce and educate approved customers to ICG business terms, legal and financial documents, products and services related to ebook, audiobook, channel partner distribution, data asset management, and marketing services.
Do you have experience working with publishers? Have a passion for helping publishers be successful?
At Ingram, our Digital Services business offers online tools for publishers to manage their ebook and audiobook distribution, increase sales in the online marketplace and connect with consumers. Our customers range from the leading global publishers to small independents, and they rely on our services and expertise to reach their markets. Based in the Nashville area, New York and London, our teams are collaborative, innovative, dynamic and passionate about the business.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to a strategic part of the business that is evolving and expanding, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree OR year for year experience
- 3 years’ experience in B2B sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience selling software or services to business
- Salesforce (or other CRM system) experience
- Develops and grows the pipeline of potential ICG small to mid-sized accounts via phone, web, and by seeking opportunities in person with traditional publishers and content companies within a defined geographical area.
- Works with sales counterparts and management to develop a strategic growth plan for assigned market segment.
- Manages existing account base; creates and follows contact/calling plan for accounts and content companies.
- Introduces and recommends new digital products and/or services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Works with ICG Product, IT and Finance teams where appropriate to develop publisher solutions that will drive revenue and profit.
- Leads discussions with publishers regarding the publisher’s current and future content distribution, analytical, marketing and sales needs for all Ingram products.
- Recommends solutions/proposals to management and team leaders that address the needs of the publishers through Ingram’s current print and digital offerings, or the development of new offerings using Ingram’s core competencies.
- Presents recommendations, proposals, quotes, and contracts to management and team leaders before finalizing with client.
- Explains business terms and responds to customer questions regarding contracts in compliance with ICG legal training.
- Provides weekly team progress report to management
- Attends tradeshows and conventions to represent ICG and meet with prospects and customers.
- Stays current with ever changing trends in the publishing industry and online business
- Maintains up to date information in the Salesforce application related to assigned accounts, opportunities etc.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.