Packer (2nd Shift M-F 1:30pm-10pm 14/hr +.75 shift differential)
- 1 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring a Packer to contribute to our Operations team in La Vergne, TN.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Check for damages and verifies data on customer order including entry number and number of books while packing order
- Determine the proper packing method for various size orders to arrange books in the most compact manner onto corrugated cardboard boxes, t-boards, or flats according to allowable weights for method of shipping
- Push completed orders onto conveyor to continue through shrink wrap machinery
- 6 months continuous work experience
Why You’ll Love Working for ICG:
- Casual dress code
- Convenient location
- Great benefits available on start date
- Employee discounts up to 40% on book orders
- Mon-Fri: 1:30pm-10pm
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.