Senior Key Account Sales Manager
- Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11, UK
Concentrate on maximising new customer acquisition and set up of new print on-demand titles from publishers with a particular focus on medium and large size accounts. Manage existing publisher accounts and present Ingram’s suite of print and digital services to prospects, small and medium sized publishers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage a portfolio of customers in order to maximise their value in terms of number of titles submitted and live, units ordered and cash value of orders placed as agreed in sales budget and forecasts.
- Make cold calls and presentations to target leads and manage the sales process to account opening and signed contracts.
- Work closely with UK Customer/Client Services team and where appropriate the US Sales team on global accounts to support customers/clients.
- Work with the Marketing department to generate more leads and to set-up meetings with target organisations
- Attend trade events associate with assigned territories.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with reference to the Deal Forms process as appropriate
- Maximize revenue and inventory opportunities through proactive selling of digital services and development of longer term partner relationships. Identify and align digital products & services for appropriate publishing partners to maximize sales of publisher content through Ingram.
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the key digital products and services of relevance to the territories and markets assigned. Understand and be able to converse fluently on the emerging digital marketplace.
- Participate in planning and implementation with publishers through to contract signature stage, following agreed protocols for contract negotiation. Engage with relevant business units in the development of project execution and implementation planning post contract signature.
- Regularly report on activities and completed sales across the range of solutions.
- Provide regular customer, competitor and market feedback to management as required
- To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment. To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
- Some travel is required (mostly domestic), approximately 20 days per year
Decision Making Examples:
- Identify and propose deals in response to business opportunities in generated in assigned territories. Decide if one-off deals or complex deal is required and prepare proposals for review by management.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to travel during working week (mostly domestic), 20-30 days per year
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone and other necessary office equipment
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance at work
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours (8.30-17.00)
Experience: 5-7 years of sales experience or book/publishing experience
Education: College/University degree preferred.
Proven track record in sales role, including conducting field visits with customers
Requires sales focused and customer centric approach and possess the ability to receive and provide information in a professional and courteous manner over the phone, via email or in person
Flexible and proactive, including flexible approach to work, hours and be adaptable to change are critical attributes
Knowledge of the book/publishing industry
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills / influencing / negotiation skills
Ability to work effectively as part of a team and develop constructive and cooperative relationships with colleagues
Must be able to manage workload efficiently by establishing priorities, be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment
Ability to meet and maintain performance targets consistently
Experience in using CRM for sales forecasting, reporting and pipeline management
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Business Casual dress code, dress down Fridays
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Snack and Drink Vending machines on site
- Service Awards
- Gym Membership Corporate Discount
- BUPA Medical
- BUPA Travel
- Sales Incentive Plan