Collection Development Librarian ll
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Librarian II to contribute to our Collection Development team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This individual draws on professional expertise to evaluate and recommend products to new and existing customers. Coordinates multi-million-dollar projects for Ingram Library Services and manages processes to streamline collaborative projects for more effective communication between departments and with customers and publishers. Supports Sales and Customers by managing Standing Order Programs, Opening Day Collections, Grant Requests and delivering content for Ingram’s e-newsletters, webinars, podcasts, and blog.
You love supporting one library, but what if you could support thousands?
At Ingram, our Library Services teams curate titles and services for a wide range of libraries from small and rural libraries to multi-branch urban library systems. We focus on providing exceptional support to our library customers by improving workflows and processes with content, shelf-ready services, collection development and analytics -- all while developing and maintaining everlasting relationships with our clients. Our teams collaborate and innovate with a variety of skilled professionals and manage projects with quality and profitability in mind.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion and are seeking an opportunity with a fast paced, customer-centric company offering a competitive salary and benefits, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS, MLIS, MSLS or other accepted accreditations from ALA) from school accredited by the American Library Association
- 3 years of professional collection development experience in public libraries
- Experience working as a Collection Development Librarian
- Experience buying for Opening Day Collections or large projects
- Experience using collection analysis tools and/or data to evaluate library collections
- Ensures that all projects meet professional standards to strive for repeat business.
- Enhance and maintain an intricate Collection Development title database used to create customized lists for ongoing collection development, outsourced collection development, Opening Day Collections, Standing Orders, ipage lists and TIMS record enhancement.
- Takes lead on behalf of department as needed on custom collection development projects for libraries.
- Builds on customer profiles, demographics, industry principles, consultations with customer, knowledge of Ingram resources, and other parameters, to create and recommend the ideal mix of products for a new library, whether headquarters, branch or entire library system. Utilizes database resources, hands-on review of materials, published reviews, sales and demand data, industry standards and professional experience in decision making.
- Provides guidance to library customers about weeding, collection development norms, budget allocations and other practices; consults about outsourcing, including collection analysis services and ongoing selection.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.