Business Development Manager, IngramSpark UK
- 52-54 St John Street, London, United Kingdom
This manager is responsible for driving the creative vision in the UK and EU of the IngramSpark business, an award-winning global service that helps authors and publishers make their content available in multiple formats to an audience of readers, bookstores and libraries worldwide. This innovative business that launched just six years ago is one of the fastest growing businesses within Ingram Content Group (ICG) and widely recognized for its quality POD and digital products that are tied directly to ICG’s distribution engine. This position would be part of the IngramSpark leadership team that works to provide IngramSpark clients with an outstanding customer experience in addition to offering services needed to create, distribute and sell books in all parts of the world. More specifically, this job drives strategies for growth for the IngramSpark business related to client acquisition and -retention, content acquisition and revenue in the UK and EU. This role develops and forecasts growth targets and appropriately manages expenses within -the UK and EU. Creates and manages marketing efforts to attract and retain authors, publishers, associations and organizations that supply author services and education.in the UK and EU. Stays abreast of the competitive landscape so that IngramSpark remains a first choice for top authors wishing to publish their work. Works across the ICG company to ensure that IngramSpark UK and EU is successful in meeting its strategic growth goals while improving overall client satisfaction.
Works with the management team to help shape IngramSpark’s creative direction and develop new product and marketing ideas.
Identifies and nurtures business opportunities in existing and new markets in the UK that support a superior author and publisher experience.
Represents IngramSpark and ICG in the UK and EU marketplaces as an industry thought leader via conferences, presentations, speaking engagements and association involvement.
Works with IngramSpark leadership to define strategy for new business efforts and that will drive customer, content and revenue growth.
Uses sales and other data to formulate a thorough understanding of the business, competition, revenue drivers and opportunities.
Develops marketing strategies and campaigns to target and retain clients and organizations serving authors in the UK and EU
Works with the IngramSpark and LS-UK marketing managers to support the marketing goals related to account and new title acquisition, and revenue generated through the UK and EU markets.
Develops the competitive landscape of providers serving the indie author and publisher segments in UK and EU to ensure that IngramSpark continues to be on the forefront for growth and opportunity.
Works with management and team leaders to prepare and deliver complex presentations, proposals, quotes and contracts. Negotiates contract terms with prospective clients, industry service providers and close deals.
Coordinates closely with Marketing, directing the development of materials needed to support sales activities, training activities, trade show participation and other events that drive revenue. Responsible for creating UK and EU specific customer messages related to customer acquisition and retention.
Works with management, IT, and product leadership to develop and deliver solution-based proposals, new features, and benefits for the IngramSpark platform that address the needs of the publishers based on market and client intelligence.
Acts as account manager for critical new lines of business, maintaining general oversight of projects, including schedule, budget, and creative parameters.
Communicates with New Products and Services to facilitate launch of new projects. Develops UK and EU specific campaigns in conjunction with any new Spark product entering those markets.
Works with Developers and Designers to ensure their efforts align with strategic and revenue goals.
Performs annual evaluations of business development efforts.
Other duties as assigned.
- Performs annual evaluations of business development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and business analysis.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize traditional and digital marketing skills, and measuring ROI on marketing campaigns.
- Financial analysis skills
- Ability to develop viable budgets for projects
- Problems solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and project milestones
- Personal computing skills to include Macintosh and PC platforms
- Knowledge of branding and marketing principles
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person.
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures and policies of the company.
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities.
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards).
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in business work environment or client relationship management
- 5 years experience in publishing, with emphasis on technology for content delivery
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Continuous Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Business Casual dress code, dress down Fridays
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free Hot drinks
- Service Awards
- BUPA Medical
- BUPA Travel
- Company Bonus