QA Automation Engineer
- 2 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
VitalSource®, an Ingram Content Group Company, is currently recruiting for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA. As a QA Automation Engineer you would be able to enhance and build digital e-Book solutions for college campuses around the world and play a part in leading this booming revolution in the educational technology industry.
This role will service global, high-scale business-critical applications, E-Commerce software products, and API’s while performing strategic design & architecture, software product maintenance, and complex development of new product features and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or directly related year for year experience
- 2 years of QA or Software Engineering experience to include Bootcamps, internships, co-ops, etc.
- Knowledge of integration standards like LTI, SAML, OAuth, Shiboleth
- Development experience with LMS technologies like Blackboard, Canvas D2l, Moodle, etc
- Familiarity with the education technology market
- Familiarity with content creation tools and formats (EPUB, PDF)
- Working within an agile development environment
- Working within a continuous deployment environment using Jenkins or similar tool
- Open source automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, and ReadyAPI (SoapUI NG), JUnit, testing)
- Testing Web Applications, API’s, and Scripts across multiple browsers and platforms with BrowserStack or similar tools
- Work in a team environment creating and implementing testing solutions.
- Measure system performance on multi-user platforms through test scenarios using automated testing software, providing analysis results and recommendations.
- Hands-on software product testing with a focus toward content composition and creation products.
- Utilize automated defect tracking system to log and track exceptions.
- Develop and utilize the ability to configure and setup QA test labs, troubleshoot problems, and initiate machine backups.
- Update operating systems and automated testing software.
- Responsible for scripts and scenario maintenance to reflect new functionality, data and user load increases detailed in usage reports.
- Produce defect, product compliance, and test plans’ reports for management.
- Anticipate user problems and suggest appropriate changes to correct defects and to enhance system functionality and performance.
- Develop, maintain, and execute regression level testing scenarios to verify existing systems requirements are maintained.
- Create and design test plans for accurately testing and debugging Java or other open source software products and RESTful API’s.
- Develop and oversee Scrum and Scrum-based testing scenarios for software releases.
- Research and analyze problems while looking for trends impacting or improving service levels.
- Work with management to resolve issues and report on quality of system maintenance activity and new releases.
- Communicate effectively with SCRUM team members, Product Managers, and Engineering staff.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative, open work space, where your contributions truly make a difference.
- Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh with great grub options and an YMCA in the building to work it off (employer paid subsidy offered for YMCA).
- Employer paid parking/commuter subsidy coupled with pre-tax commuter benefits for associates.
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work schedules (by team)
- Free snacks/drinks/coffee
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.