Manager, Collection Development Programs
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Manager to contribute to our Collection Development Programs team in LaVergne, TN just outside Nashville. This individual manages all aspects of the service, sales support, and program development for Continuations, iSelect, Standing Order programs, iCurate coming soon, and other public library-focused collection development services. Supervises assigned collection development staff. Reviews titles and stays abreast of professional news in the library, retail, and publishing worlds; ensures Ingram Program offerings are competitive.
You love supporting one library, but what if you could support thousands?
At Ingram, our Library Services teams curate titles and services for a wide range of libraries from small and rural libraries to multi-branch urban library systems. We focus on providing exceptional support to our library customers by improving workflows and processes with content, shelf-ready services, collection development, and analytics -- all while developing and maintaining everlasting relationships with our clients. Our teams collaborate and innovate with a variety of skilled professionals and manage projects with quality and profitability in mind.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you share that passion and are seeking an opportunity with a fast paced, customer-centric company offering a competitive salary and benefits, we can’t wait to meet you!
- MLS, MLIS, or MSIS degree (library specific)
- 5 years of collection development or acquisitions experience including at least 1 year in a public library
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Experience presenting to internal and external clients
- Project Management experience
- Intermediate MS Office experience (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience writing and developing processes or programs
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evaluates demand and develops enhancements and/or new programs & services as approved by ILS Leadership.
- Collaborates with IT to create program specifications and upgrades and takes an advisory role on development, testing, and launch.
- Liaises with all internal stakeholders to ensure needs are met and to deliver post-launch training and support.
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing about Sales training and Customer communication for Programs and other Collection Development services and initiatives.
- Manages all Standing Order & Continuations functions including timeliness of offering additions.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.