Manager, Software Engineering
- 701 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
Verba, is hiring a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of our engineering teams in San Francisco, CA.
Verba, the institutionally-focused brand of VitalSource, tackles textbook affordability through radical transparency. Our products have been transforming the college textbook industry for years, and we’re about to make the biggest changes yet. Verba works with more than 350 colleges and universities of all sizes to reach over 3.1 million students each term with software for students, professors, and bookstores. Verba joined forces with VitalSource, the world’s leading content platform, in March of 2017 to further power campus stores and the institutions they serve. Our success means we need to grow and we’re looking for an engineering manager to help lead one of our San Francisco-based engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or year for year experience
- 3 years of supervisory/lead experience
- 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails, ES6, React and Redux
- History of projects that meet or exceed WCAG 2.0 AA
- Project leadership in an agile environment
- Working knowledge of Docker, GCP and Kubernetes
- Experience with aligning/seeding quality engineering practices in dev
- Oversees and contributes to the design, development, and maintenance of software
- Collaborates with product managers to deliver the best customer experience
- Facilitates cross-product development with internal teams and external partners
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to manage and develop direct reports
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Commuter reimbursement benefits
- Benefits beginning the first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, and more!
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers
- For more information about Verba, visithttps://www.verbasoftware.com/
Verba/VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.