Senior Data Engineer
- 14 Ingram Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Senior Data Engineer to contribute to our Application Services team in LaVergne, TN, just outside the Nashville area. This individual will leverage the latest database technologies and data warehousing design principals as a basis for various application platforms. This involves modeling data, developing ETL processes and creating an optimal platform for data retrieval in support of both internal and external facing applications.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree or related field OR directly related year for year experience
- 6+ years of ETL and/or data architecture experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with database technologies and ETL tools (preferably SSIS, SQL and Vertica.)
- 2+ years of data management, data governance and data warehousing experience
- Experience working with columnar MPP databases like Vertica, Talend, Teradata, Pivotal, etc.
- Team development experience using scrum and agile
- Strong experience/background in SQL Server and SSIS
- Exposure in Python, C# or other scripting languages for custom ETL processes and automation
- Strong experience in data warehousing, data transformation and data migration
- Create, develop, modify, and maintain internal and external facing database applications as part of an Agile/SCRUM engineering team.
- Provide full product life cycle support, including creating specifications, researching products, database development, data warehousing designing, quality assurance and deployment.
- ·Work with experienced team members across the country to identify and enforce design patterns and standards.
- Explore new technologies and development techniques.
- Coordinate and communicate with users and product owners to gather requirements.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.