Data Warehouse & Database Developer
- -, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Infotree’s approach to every employee and customer is based around making a positive impact. We focus on over-servicing, continuous improvement and a high-quality culture. We’re passionate about making successful matches for our employees and customers across the globe. Infotree prides itself in our proven track record and innovative culture with 100% focus on the employees and customers.
Job Title: Data Warehouse / Database Developer
Location: Montreal, Canada
Duration: 3 Months Contract
Responsible for the success of IT TF projects by developing new, maintaining existing and supporting a number of in-house/vendor applications from the data warehouse, database and business intelligence perspective. The work will require analyzing business requirements, interpreting and understanding technical specifications and following instruction from the team lead, peer developers, business analysts and project managers.
The scope of the engagement will include but not be limited to:
• Good working knowledge of data warehouse, database and business intelligence environments, concepts and techniques
• Strong understanding of concepts and techniques for design, development and implementation of ETL and data quality
• Review, understand, interpret and transform clearly defined technical specifications into data warehouse, database and/or business intelligence solutions
• Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
• Ability to perform problem analysis, structured analysis, design and programming techniques
• Use of Data Modeling, Database Query Optimization and Data Access techniques and concepts
• Database knowledge in areas of import and export, users, roles, privileges, schema and object management, session monitoring, etc.
• Code, maintain, test and provide code reviews for developed processes and procedures (e.g. queries, scripts, stored procedures, database objects, indices, triggers, etc.)
• Strong performance tuning knowledge in SQL and ability to interpret plans, identify bottlenecks in queries and remediate them
• Work proactively to solve issues and problems
• Create use cases and assist in UAT testing efforts for the developed solutions
• Document, effectively track and resolve issues in a timely manner during the development and testing phases (work with the team and end users as appropriate)
• Review and document performance
• Provide weekly progress reports of work performed
• Work with the project team to assist in other aspects of the project
• Follow and adhere to company’s development standards, the software development lifecycle, vendor application / project standards and guidelines
• Embrace the opportunity to take on special projects outside of specific roles and responsibilities
• Strong Linux administration & development experiences - 5 years of experience minimum.
• Strong Oracle database knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, basic administration …) - 5 years of experience minimum.
• Strong Unix and Python scripting knowledge (best practices, limitations, error handling …) - 5 years of experience minimum.
• Java programming experiences is not mandatory but will be a plus.
• Experience with Computer Associates Autosys scheduler or other scheduling/monitoring tools.
• Must have banking industry experience.
• Worked in Agile environment and familiar with Waterfall & Agile development methods.
• Atlas2 Infocenter knowledge is a huge plus.
• Knowledge on development methodologies: Waterfall
• Knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
If interested, you can share the most recent resume on [email protected] or call at 248 781-3020 for quick response.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.