Information Security Technical Project Manager
- TX-8 Beltway, Houston, TX, USA
Required skills and experience:
- 3-5 years Information Security Experience
- Knowledge in Windows and Linux-based operating systems
- Experience working in, or alongside Security Operations teams
- Experience working with standard capability maturity models
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Ability to think critically and assess the needs of the organization for project prioritization.
- Ability to multitask, ensuring that multiple initiatives are delivered in a timely manner
- Knowledge of security and cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, management, and analytical skills.
- Effective collaboration at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and among a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work items.
- Flexibility in facing new challenges and changes in direction as priorities change with the business.
- Ability to self-motivate, work within a team, and concerned with the details of a project or task.
- Positive and constructive attitude in the midst of challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collecting critical data from services during the onboarding process
- Coordination of security log onboarding tasks.
- Contributions to threat modeling exercises for services and applications
- Identification of security monitoring use cases for services
- Communication on the status of our services through dashboarding and reporting.
- Building relationships with VMware Business units to build a collaborative security culture
- Communicate feedback from colleagues in order to drive improvements in threat management processes, technology, and capabilities.
- Planning and execution of game day exercises/tabletop sessions with services to test and improve security capabilities.
- Creation of executive-level reports.
- Experience building reporting in Splunk or Microsoft PowerBI
- Certified SCRUM Master and/or PGMP Certification
- CISSP, or similar.