Application Support/ Apps Support Role
- Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire, East of England, United Kingdom
Key accountabilities and duties:
- Automation of manual tasks
- Investigation and remediation of performance issues
- Ownership of releases and release pipelines
- Management of environments critical to the operations team
- Working with software engineering to investigate and fix code defects
- Strong skills with Java, Unix, and Database Technologies(Oracle 10g or later with Oracle RAC)
- Proven experience of PL/SQL
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent, general IT skills
- Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments.
- Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure internal and external SLA’s are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required for this role.
- Experience in a senior role, mentoring junior team members and offering technical leadership.
- Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry.
- perience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.
- Ideally you will also have experience of working within process driven environments - ITIL.
- Hands on Python, Golang, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana or subset of these technologies.