Machine Learning Developer
- Union Valley Rd, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, USA
Information International Associates, Inc., an award-winning information and knowledge management company, is seeking a Machine Learning Developer.
The Machine Learning Developer supports developing and improving processes to work with complex data sets and algorithms to train intelligent systems. Under supervision, the Machine Learning Developer is responsible for deriving requirements and instrumenting technical solutions for the support of AI projects, including data collection and preprocessing, training models and validating results, and conversion into applied products. Working within a team, the Machine Learning Developer implements and maintains the smooth operation and physical design of data workflows and processing tools, conducts performance tuning, and reviews results and the integration of systems.
- Performs all tasks associated with development including customer liaison, requirements documentation, design, construction, deployments, and maintenance
- Automates infrastructure used by the Information Science team
- Converts machine learning models into APIs and microservices
- Discovers, designs, and develops analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing
- Helps develop minimum viable products based on machine learning
- Automates processes by utilizing machine learning
- Uses AI to accelerate and enrich organizational processes and data products
- Performs exploratory data / functional analysis and evaluate development with AI / ML algorithms and toolkits
- Establishes system configurations, tunes systems for maximum performance, coordinates repair and maintenance activities for assigned resources
- Develops and conducts tests to demonstrate system performance and conformance with specifications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least three years relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent and proven customer service skills a must
- Ability to work collaboratively and with a team
- Utilize modern software development methodologies
- Code in several computer languages at advanced level
- Highly-developed critical thinking skills
- Proficient in statistics and mathematics
- High sense of responsibility, capable of autonomous work
- Experience with revision control systems
- Proficient verbal and written skills
- Python, Java, .Net, R experience
- Comfortable familiarity with Linux
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras
- Proficiency with basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn, gensim and pandas
- Familiarity with relevant 3rd party services (i.e. IBM Watson, AWS, etc.)
1. Ability to sit for long periods
2. Ability to view computer monitor for long periods
Applicant selected will be a U.S. citizen and subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a DOE clearance.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.