Sales Operations Executive
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
The Sales Operations Executive plays a crucial role in supporting a business unit sales team operating across diverse regions, brands, and customer segments. As an integral part of the Sales Operations function, this role provides structured sales administration, Salesforce (CRM) support, data analysis, reporting, and information entry assistance to Sales teams. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager/Team Leader, the Sales Operations Executive is well-versed in Sales systems, including Salesforce and ESOP.
The position involves ensuring data quality, accuracy, and consistency for the business unit, while also offering support for specific reporting or analysis needs. Beyond assisting business unit sales teams, the Sales Operations Executive collaborates with Exhibitor Marketing, Event Ops, and Customer Service teams, handling data list pull requests and reporting requirements.
- Manage and update Salesforce (CRM) and associated Sales order processing tools (ESOP, ASOP, ISOP) with sales contracts.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Salesforce business processes for sales teams, addressing contract validation, invoicing matters, floorplan amendments, etc.
- Support the setup of products (events, sponsorship and digital).
- Act as a liaison point with Customer Service and Event Operations teams for customer data and event floorplan queries.
- Serve as a key liaison point with the Customer Service Team to handover contracted customers for post-sale customer processes.
- Collaborate with the Sales Excellence team in pre-show and onsite rebook activities, ensuring alignment with Salesforce, ESOP and Expocad sales figures.
- Provide support to the Sales Analyst by supplying the right data and information to enable insights during budget and strategy sessions .
Qualities needed for the role
- Well organised with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a confident personality, and a high level of enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a matrix organisation.
- Working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive handling and response to queries from internal customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Previous experience in the B2B / B2C Trade Show and Events industry.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are replying.
- Experience in O2C process.
- Ability to consistently use MS Excel advance formulations and pivots.
- Ability to build reports in Salesforce.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- You are entitled to 24 days' paid holiday per year, plus one day's paid holiday for your birthday, extra time given at certain bank holidays, and the chance to earn a free day's holiday through charity fundraising
- We offer colleagues net reimbursement for commuting travel. We will reimburse actual costs for public transport
- The official Social Committee is very active in organising social, wellness, diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Monthly AMSTAR awards recognise outstanding colleague contributions with a €100 voucher
- On 5 years of service, you will receive 25% of your gross monthly salary, 10 years = 50% on an increasing scale
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.