Marketing Executive (B2C)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group publishes high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
Our purpose is to foster human progress through knowledge. We strongly believe that this requires us to encourage and examine different ideas and voices, so that any work that meets our exacting levels of quality deserves to be included in our publications. This requires open minds, the opportunity for robust debate, and the courage to defend perspectives that stand up to scrutiny, even if they conflict with our personal beliefs or values. Because that’s the only way to find the best obtainable version of the truth and, ultimately, foster human progress. If you agree, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re currently a team of passionate marketers from a range of international backgrounds & cultures, as we operate worldwide publisher’s marketing strategy and plan in China. We are looking to add a Marketing Executive to our China Marketing Team. You will take a customer-centric approach to enhance relationships with researchers supporting business growth & impact in China and report to the Senior Marketing Manager.
We are looking for a marketing professional to take the lead in understanding the researchers’ pain & interest points, putting data insights at the heart of decision-making, and crafting attractive messages that demonstrate the value of T&F services. Dove Medical Press, an open access publisher of peer-reviewed scientific & medical journals, is seeking to find a marketing professional to drive the implementation of a full range of marketing activities to meet & exceed strategic business objectives for long-term sustainable business growth in the China market.
By analyzing business data and conducting market research, this role will work as part of the China marketing Open Research (OR) team to deliver a superior researcher experience.
Closing Date: Applications will close on 8th March 2024. Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
Help us progress human progress through knowledge! As a Marketing Executive, you will aid in our mission by…
- Investigate and identify the right mix of marketing content and channels for different stages of the researcher's life cycle.
- Implement marketing campaigns to engage researchers through online tactics across multiple channels (platform, social media, email, etc.) and offline activities (such as conferences, workshops, etc.) to drive business growth in China.
- Monitor the performance of marketing activities and recommend optimization measures & workflow efficiencies through the effective use of data
- Be at the heart of collaborative work with a core cross-functional team to support the ongoing strategic planning for our Dove Medical journals in China.
- Work as part of China OR marketing to maximize the portfolio strength of T&F Medicine & Healthcare and related subject areas.
- Be able to work within an objective & key results framework (OKR), ensuring plans, campaigns & investments are effectively tracked and monitored monthly, quarterly & annually.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to gather information and data to analyse to ensure a well-executed regional marketing strategy is in place.
- Excellent skills in marketing storytelling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Have demonstrable experience in putting data insight at the heart of decision-marking & campaign planning.
- Results-oriented, and independent marketer who can think outside the box.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to successfully work in a matrix-environment.
- Self-driven ensuring strategies are successfully implemented to achieve long-term sustainable results.
- Ability to learn continuously by identifying skill gaps and developing related skillset.
- Have a proven track record of showing adaptability & agility as customers, markets & channel mix changes
- An exceptional team player.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- An excellent work/life balance with a fantastic, flexible working culture
- 20 days(pro-rata for first year) annual leave per year, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- 4 paid volunteering days each year
- Paid sick leave of 14 days
- Social insurance and housing fund plus supplementary medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme – offering 24/7 well-being support
- Performance bonus
- Annual health screening for employee and spouse, optical and medical care
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across Beijing, and you must have the right to work and live in China
- This is a hybrid working role enabling colleagues to partially work from home in Beijing every week, however we do ask that candidates live within a two-hour commutable distance to ensure that they can make it to our Beijing office to collaborate as required.
- Relocation support is not provided for this role.
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.