Data Practice Analyst
Do you want to make an impact?
Informa Tech sits at the heart of a thriving business technology community.
And by providing market insight and market access across multiple specialist technology markets, we connect, inform and inspire the technology industry to build a better, more sustainable world and start conversations that really matter.
At Informa Tech, you'll be joining a vibrant community of over 2000 colleagues across 19 locations, and a fast-paced international company that’s part of the UK’s FTSE 100 group of leading businesses. Where else can you rub shoulders with big brands and leading experts, in exciting places, alongside some of the most respected colleagues in our markets?
Canalys is an independent analyst company with offices on four continents. We have over two decades of experience in guiding tier-one technology vendor clients on the future of the technology industry and helping them think beyond the business models of the past. We deliver smart market insights to IT, channel and service provider professionals around the world. We stake our reputation on the quality of our data, our innovative use of technology and our high level of customer service.
Canalys is looking for a Data Practice Analyst, based in Bengaluru, who will be a part of our global Mobility Research team. You will be responsible for Canalys’ data models for estimation and forecasting our PC categories, including desktops, notebooks and tablets. You will manage Canalys’ data processes and build new financial and mathematical models to suit the business requirements of estimation and forecasting, working closely with the client-facing analyst team. As a part of a research team based in India and across the world, you will be instrumental in delivering Canalys' services and products to our global clients.
The role will be based out of our office in Bangalore, India (at least 40% of the time).
As Data Practice Analyst you will support our mobility research and will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for Canalys' Global Mobility Research services, including quarterly reports on vendor performance and others, for all categories across our client PC portfolio.
- Understand the PC data process, and terminology, and own the end-to-end data lifecycle of Canalys’ mobility data deliverables.
- Data modeling, solutions and production of data deliverables based on client requirements, by using logical and efficient algorithms that can be implemented.
- Translate business requirements into reports and deliverable structures. Proficient in Model Documentation.
- Transferring knowledge to junior team members. Advising the team of new, better ways to build processes and deliver to our clients.
What makes a good candidate?
You are a 'numerically inclined' data analyst who is passionate about numbers and solving mathematical problems. You understand the concept of data modeling and estimation and can develop forecasting algorithms that use the right mix of automation and human intervention. You can disintegrate and translate a business requirement into a data requirement and build suitable models to help achieve that data delivery. You are obsessed with new-age tools like Python and R and are extremely comfortable working on Excel. You are a self-starter, having a minimum of four years of experience, who loves working with small teams and are capable of mentoring junior members.
What is required of a candidate?
- Master's Degree with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data science is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the above specializations is a must.
- Prior experience of four years or more in data science, data modeling and analysis, with experience in data cleaning, data visualization and data translation.
- Highly proficient in Python and libraries such as pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Beautiful Soup, pysftp and pyodbc and adequate knowledge of working with various file formats such as Parquet, JSON, csv.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power BI and PowerQuery.
- Basic level knowledge of AWS S3, Lambda, Athena would be nice to have. Enough to navigate and make necessary minor changes to code that we have hosted online, if necessary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Being Flexible, Passion, Care and Thinking Global.
- Commit to being part of our highly collaborative company culture by being in the Bengaluru office for a minimum of 40% of your time per week.
You can make a real impact at Informa Tech, because what we do matters – and we do it at scale. Informa Tech is a division of Informa, where no two days are the same and you’ll find the freedom, opportunity and support of a fantastic community.
Employee experience is very important to us. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritise promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Leave Policy (Annual Leave and many more!)
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.