Do you want to make an impact?
Informa Tech sits at the heart of a thriving business technology community.
And by providing market insight and market access across multiple specialist technology markets, we connect, inform and inspire the technology industry to build a better, more sustainable world and start conversations that really matter.
At Informa Tech, you'll be joining a vibrant community of over 2000 colleagues across 19 locations, and a fast-paced international company that’s part of the UK’s FTSE 100 group of leading businesses. Where else can you rub shoulders with big brands and leading experts, in exciting places, alongside some of the most respected colleagues in our markets?
Canalys is an independent analyst company with offices on four continents. We have over two decades of experience in guiding tier-one technology vendor clients on the future of the technology industry and helping them think beyond the business models of the past. We deliver smart market insights to IT, channel and service provider professionals around the world. We stake our reputation on the quality of our data, our innovative use of technology and our high level of customer service.
We’re now looking for a Research Analyst to join our Canalys team based in Bengaluru, India office.
Canalys is looking for a Research Analyst to support our fast-growing and highly respected worldwide market intelligence services, used by the world’s leading technology companies. The successful applicant will be based in our Bengaluru, India office and will be responsible for data analysis and presentation of market trends and insights.
The recruit will work in an experienced global team, providing support across our cybersecurity, data center infrastructure and networking services, as well as custom research projects.
The primary role will involve data analysis and research, as well as working on a series of reports, presentations, databases, and client inquiries.
- Working with the team to contribute toward global research needs, including databases, reports and projects, as well as keep up to date on industry trends.
- Processing quarterly data, forecasting and analysis within Canalys’ Cybersecurity and Infrastructure research services as well as custom research projects.
- Taking responsibility for reports on vendor performance, global market trends, macro-economic forces, etc.
- Conducting face-to-face and desk research on areas of cybersecurity, networking, servers and storage. Insight. Innovation. Impact. www.canalys.com
- Collecting and consolidating information across a range of supporting databases including financial results, key economic metrics and business demographics.
- Engaging with clients, including presenting to clients on a regular basis, as well as responding to client inquiries.
- Contributing to social media output highlighting Canalys research.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferably within a channel, IT networking, IT infrastructure or market research role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data science
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word are essential.
- Skills in data analysis, manipulation and visualization preferred. Experience with Power BI is a bonus.
- Show a strong aptitude for technology. Be acquainted with current market trends and a have a keen understanding of the future direction of the market.
- Basic understanding of company’s financial statements.
- Knowledge of database tools such as Access will be a bonus. \
- Ability to work both independently and in small teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally
What makes a good candidate?
- Hunger: excited to learn about the technology industry and learn new skills.
- Independent: learn by doing, proactively seeking guidance and using initiative to complete tasks.
- Tech-focused: interested in technology and can demonstrate practical use.
- Analytical: know how to work with data, in terms of collecting, processing and interpreting it.
- Reliable: self-disciplined to meet deadlines and can multi-task.
- Social: able to forge relationships with people face-to-face and virtually
You can make a real impact at Informa Tech, because what we do matters – and we do it at scale. Informa Tech is a division of Informa, where no two days are the same and you’ll find the freedom, opportunity and support of a fantastic community.
Employee experience is very important to us. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritise promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Leave Policy (Annual Leave and many more!)
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.