Director, Data & Analytics Food
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
Informa Markets connects buyers and sellers and supports the flow of business and trade in over a dozen specialist markets. Our platforms help businesses meet, discover products, trade and grow through major exhibitions, virtual events, online marketplaces, specialist content and data services.
We are looking for a Director, Data & Analytics who will lead the Data & Analytics function in Informa Markets - Food EMEA portfolio. This function will be responsible for identifying, conceptualizing, designing, building, and maintaining customer focused Analytics and AI /ML enhancements. The role will also be responsible in improving the overall analytics capability within the Food business teams and support internal process owners in deploying analytics to improve efficiencies. The ideal candidate would be a full-stack data and analytics expert: infrastructure deployment in the cloud, ETL, EDA, feature engineering, visualization, predictive analytics, AI/ML, UI prototyping, API and code optimization, with strong consultation and leadership capabilities.
As Director of the Data & Analytics practice you will have the opportunity to work with various business and technology partners in creating cutting-edge analytics solutions and offerings to help differentiate Informa value proposition.
This role sits within Informa Markets EMEA and reports to the Executive Vice President, Food EMEA based in Amsterdam and is primarily responsible for:
- Leading the Data and Analytics Practice within Informa Markets Foods
- Interacting with various internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities where analytics can be applied for revenue generation
- Working with the Informa Group and Geo leadership in identifying and prioritizing investment for customer centric analytics initiatives within the Foods division
- Working with the central Data Management team and other data providers to ensure customer data quality and availability
- Identify and build partnerships with potential 3rd party data providers for enriching the customer data
- Conducting EDA on the customer data to identify potential use cases and customer pain points
- Piloting and prototyping of the analytics and AI/ML enhancements
- Evaluation of the analytics solutions and present results to leadership
- Recommending tools and platforms for developing and managing analytics solutions
- Recommending make/buy/partner decisions on analytics and AI/ML development
- Working with business leaders to identify skill gaps in analytics and AI and engage on fulfilment strategies
Essential skills & abilities -
- Experience in leading teams of Data Scientists and Engineers
- Hands-on experience in building Data Analytics capability within the organization
- Hands-on experience of building customer analytics models including buyer propensity and recommendation engines
- Strong experience in creating business case for analytics investment
- Experience of data lake and data warehousing technologies
- Coding experience in Python, JSON and SQL
- Experience of working on AWS stack for Analytics, AI and MLOps
- Experience of the digital marketing in the media domain
- Handling Customer Projects in the Advanced Analytics/AI areas
- Managing code repositories using Git
- Experience with data modelling and data pipelines
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels – from senior leaders to project team members
- Expert in software project management approaches including Agile
- Good grasp and experience in developing NLP based products
- Consultative mindset and ability to influence key decision-makers
- Act with integrity, tact, and diplomacy to formulate trust at all levels
- Self-motivated, driven, and open to new challenges
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamic prioritisation
Desirable knowledge & qualifications -
- Experience in web-analytics technologies like Snowplow
- Experience on Project Management tools like Jira
- Experience in process mapping and value engineering
- Driving internal analytics projects
- Experience of open-source AI libraries like OpenAI and Keras
- Experience in building AI and GAI solutions
- Knowledge of good analytics and AI/ML service providers
- Hands on experience in SQL and NOSQL databases like AWS Redshift and MongoDb
- BI experience in tools like PowerBI and Domo
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.