Events Account Manager, ClimateTech and HealthTech
Informa Tech Founders is a joint venture between Founders Forum and Informa Tech that creates world-class events that unite and inspire the entire tech ecosystem. This joint venture was set up to combine the unique convening power and start-up ecosystem expertise of Founders Forum with the global reach and large-scale event design and delivery experience of Informa Tech.
Informa Tech Founders' portfolio includes brands such as the flagship event London Tech Week, EQL:HER, Elevating Founders, ClimateTech and HealthTech. These brands bring together startups, scaleups, corporates, investors, policymakers, and thought leaders from all over the world to connect, learn, and collaborate.
The company is committed to making a positive impact on the world through technology. Its events and digital media provide a platform for startups, scaleups and corporates to showcase their innovative solutions to the world's most pressing challenges.
Informa Tech Founders is a fast-growing company with a bright future. If you are passionate about technology and making a difference in the world, then this is the company for you.
Informa Tech Founders is looking for an experienced salesperson to drive event and digital sales for both the ClimateTech and HealthTech brands taking place at London Tech Week in June, as well individual campaigns throughout the year. Efforts will be split 30% on London Tech Week and 70% on individual activations.
ClimateTech is inspiring a sustainable future by bringing together leaders and innovators on a mission to solve some of the most pressing climate challenges. HealthTech is accelerating the positive impact technology can have for the global health ecosystem.
Please see our website for more information on the Climate Tech portfolio https://tmt.knect365.com/climatetech/
Informa Tech Founders is a leading organiser of events and digital media, and through its flagship Festivals, London Tech Week and others, it is uniquely positioned to help the climate tech and health tech community grow and succeed.
As the Account Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the ClimateTech and HealthTech brand leads to identify new opportunities and develop a client universe.
- Managing the full customer lifecycle, from lead generation to contract negotiation and renewal.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- Developing and executing a retention and new business development strategy.
- Achieving revenue targets and accurately forecasting performance.
- Managing projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Keeping customer information up to date and sharing news and insights with colleagues.
- Proactively developing yourself and keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Experience in account management or sales, preferably in the events, digital, media industries.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the sales process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
Additional requirements we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the climate tech and/or the health tech industry, including the latest trends and technologies.
- They will also have experience working with startups and scaleups, as well as corporate clients.
- They will have experience creating one off and year-long multi-channel campaigns.
- In addition to strong sales and relationship-building skills, the ideal candidate will also be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- They will be able to work independently and as part of a team, and they will be passionate about making a difference in the world.
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Tailored development opportunities and on-demand access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn
- Balance time in the office with time working remotely, feeling fully supported wherever you are
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- The chance to work from (almost!) anywhere across the globe, four weeks a year
- Competitive and rewarding benefits, tailored to each of our regions
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- The chance to become an Informa shareholder, with extra rewards just for colleagues
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
To find out more please click our Life@Informa page - Life@Informa
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.