Principal Consultant, Personalization
Curinos is the leading provider of data, technologies and insights that enable financial institutions to make better and more profitable data-driven decisions faster. Born out of the combination of two familiar industry powerhouses, Novantas and Informa’s FBX business, Curinos brings to market a new level of industry expertise across deposits, treasury management lending and digital experience solutions and technologies.
Curinos is currently seeking a Principal Consultant, Personalization to lead our strategic client engagement with our personalization platform driven by customer analytical insights.
The Principal Consultant, Personalization is a highly visible, client-facing role that requires top-notch communication skills, strong executive presence, and keen strategic intuition. The successful candidate will play a leadership role in managing client relationships, contributing to product roadmaps, and leading a team of consultant business resources. The role will be accountable to the leaders of Curinos’ Personalization Platform and Insights business, developing and delivering methodologies for identifying, quantifying, realizing, and measure client value growth from Curinos’ Personalization solutions.
- Define a vision for how personalized marketing will create value for our clients -- assessing pain points—and opportunities—along the customer journey, prioritizing the use cases with the greatest potential, and recommending the optimal experimental marketing approach to maximize the impact across channels
- Manage ongoing relationships for our Personalization solutions across multiple functions: Marketing, Line of Business, and Analytics leaders at clients’ sites to identify and expand Personalization programs at clients, as well as maintain visibility of the value and potential of programs being executed.
- Translate consulting frameworks or product solutions into specific revenue/growth opportunities for clients, with the roadmap and KPIs to drive and measure success
- Coordinate across technical Client Success teams and data science/business analysts to translate the roadmap into specific marketing programs, and measure success
- Deliver high-impact Quarterly Business Reviews (in partnership with Client Success) to quantify/detail prior quarter successes, and layout plans for the following quarter and year
- Lead new and emerging analytic professionals in developing repeatable processes for the lifecycle of Personalization value realization (opportunity identification, quantification, treatment hypothesis, KPI development, measuring, and client story telling)
- A proven track record of consulting on, or developing and managing a modern, data-driven, customer-centric, and performance-oriented customer/lifecycle marketing organization with proof of generating revenue or other key financial success metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- 10+ years of experience in retail banking or 8+ years in a strategy consulting setting.
- Experience in delivering and expanding existing relationships (or cross-functional stakeholders in a retail banking environment)
- Experience managing and developing team members.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to turn around time-sensitive analytics with a high degree of accuracy and insight.
- Hands-on experience with customer and product marketing, as well as value drivers across retail banking products (checking, savings, term, CDs, unsecured, home equity, mortgage, and purpose loans).
- Strong storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Excel, SQL, R or Python and Tableau
- Strong communication skills, detail-oriented, and organized
The salary range for this role is $157,000 to $175,000 plus bonus
The New York, Boston, Chicago, or Toronto Metro area is the preferred location for this hybrid (blend of work from home and NYC office) position. Remote candidates with demonstrated success in managing remote teams will be considered.
Why work at Curinos?
- Competitive benefits, including a range of Financial, Health and Lifestyle benefits to choose from
- Flexible working options, including home working, flexible hours and part time options, depending on the role requirements – please ask!
- Competitive annual leave, floating holidays, volunteering days and a day off for your birthday!
- Learning and development tools to assist with your career development
- Work with industry leading Subject Matter Experts and specialist products
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Collaborative, supportive culture, including an active DE&I program
- Employee Assistance Program which provides expert third-party advice on wellbeing, relationships, legal and financial matters, as well as access to counselling services
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't meet all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have relevant skills or experience, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats, special requirements to access our buildings or adjusted interview formats please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Inclusivity at Curinos:
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Curinos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.