P2P Payment Supervisor APAC
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The P2P Supervisor – Payments will be responsible for ensuring all payments are processed in accordance with Informa’s policies and guidelines. You must also ensure that the team conform to Informa’s standard operating procedures whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa suppliers and colleagues.
The role will be based in the Asia SSC Mainland Office in Guangzhou and will report into the P2P Team Lead.
- Key business contact for escalated payment queries
- Manage an internal team of Senior Specialists & Specialists to ensure that all payment processes are delivered within SLAs
- Review and approve proposed payment batch as well as manage bank mandate approvals
- Manage the urgent payments process, ensuring all payments made are in line with Informa’s policies and procedures
- Ensure regular monitoring and resolution for exception Items on the Payment Exception reporting
- Liaise with Treasury regarding funding requests and weekly cashflow forecasting
- Liaise with external banks regarding any payment issues
- Measure, monitor and report on performance of the team through metrics and key performance indicators
- Support month-end closing activities and review reporting activities
- Ownership of any internal and external audit findings and proposed resolutions. Report any key control weaknesses and proposed actions to mitigate
- Ensure standardisation is applied to all processes and proactively identify process/value improvement opportunities to the Global Process Team
- Ensure that appropriate People Development tools are utilised throughout your team consistently and fairly to ensure optimum performance of all colleagues concentrating on both technical and soft skill development in conjunction with local HR colleagues
- Ensure that planning and prioritisation of work within the team is enough to maintain and improve performance metrics
- Encourage an environment in which people value diversity either in recruitment, team formation and/or in developing plans and strategies.
- Bring team members into discussions so that they can contribute their ideas, are involved in setting team’s objective, and feel engaged on issues that affect them.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or above
- Relevant experience with minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
- Experience in ERP system (Oracle & SAP) is preferred
- Good command of both written and spoken English. Ability in any other Asian languages would be an advantage
- Good team leadership and people skills to effectively lead the team members with different attributes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including a wide range of stakeholders within the business
- Continuously drives & improves processes & systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be pro-active and take initiative and encourage teams to do the same
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent influencing skills
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain these skills whilst working under pressure
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Confident with presentations