Senior Conference Producer, BUILDEX
What is Informa Connect:
Informa Connect, with its team of over 1,000 dedicated professionals, operates globally to deliver top-tier live events and digital content in 30 countries across various sectors. We're driven by passion, creativity, and a fast-paced environment, providing businesses with exceptional on-demand experiences. Here, your ideas come to life, and your contributions have a tangible impact. Embrace challenges, seize opportunities, and be a part of our dynamic team that's shaping industries.
Exciting opportunity to join Informa Connect Buildings & Construction Group. A dynamic position has arisen for a Senior Conference Producer to join the team to produce and deliver in person and virtual events for the BUILDEX brand. BUILDEX events are Western Canada’s largest business-to business (B2B) forums connecting the whole building industry. Attendees join our events to network, learn and discover the newest innovations from a market in constant transformation.
Serving as a key member of the team, you will research, write, and deliver high quality and innovative conference programs. The role includes identifying and recruiting industry-leading speaker faculties as well as ensuring the marketability and commercial viability of our conferences. In addition, you will take a critical role in building and managing relationships with the professional communities we serve; engaging with industry stakeholders and partners from across the built environment.
You should have a proven track record of conference program creation in a B2B environment. The successful applicant will help support the continued growth and commercial success of a thriving BUILDEX brand while working directly with senior level leadership. In return, you will gain the support, autonomy and freedom to create, grow and develop in an exciting and active industry. You may work remotely, from an Informa office or co-working location. You can adopt existing and proven working processes of this role, or bring your own. You will receive excellent company health benefits, a competitive salary and three weeks’ vacation as standard.
- Produce high quality and innovative conference agendas using in-depth market research with industry stakeholders, customers, and key opinion leaders.
- Research important industry topics and trends to ensure streams of content are relevant to the brand’s audiences and commercial goals.
- Source, select and secure the participation of industry leading speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts to achieve your targets.
- Oversee speaker management, communications, and change requests, supported by a conference coordinator.
- Develop new conference features, formats, and ideas to help the brand meet its strategic, commercial, sustainability and D&I goals.
- Take full ownership of the BUILDEX conferences, ensuring they run to schedule, deadlines, and budget.
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop content and promotional collateral to drive delegate registrations.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to create conference agendas, show features and products that drive sponsorship and exhibition sales.
- Work with the Operations Team to prepare for the onsite delivery of the conference and conference-related show features.
- Work with internal and external team members on websites, event schedules, registration platforms and continuing education credit submissions relating to the conference program.
- Become the primary point of contact for the onsite set-up, delivery and management of BUILDEX conferences.
- Work with internal and external team members to deliver post-event reports, deliverables, learnings, and insights.
- Occasional travel within Canada and US, and non-standard working hours are required on occasion as part of researching for and running the events.
- Function as integral part of overall show management team in performing additional duties as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in conference production in a B2B commercial environment.
- Strong experience and passion for researching and developing conference content.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Creative thinking, problem-solver with ability to think on your feet.
- High level of proficiency in the use of computer software and online platforms including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, social media, web and mobile applications.
- Project oriented with superior attention to detail and excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent English written / verbal / telephone communication skills, customer service orientated and comfortable working in in-person environments.
- Strong team player who interacts easily with external clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of or experience working in the building, construction, architecture, or commercial real estate industries is a significant advantage.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Comprehensive personal time off package, including vacation days, paid personal and volunteering days and a day off for your birthday!
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits after one month of continuous service
- Retirement group plan with company matching program after 6 months of continuous service
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.