Corporate Tax Accountant - Hybrid
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Corporate Tax Accountant to join our team. The Corporate Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing federal and state corporate tax returns, partnership returns, calculating book-tax differences, state apportionment calculations, assisting with annual tax provision calculations, and handling quarterly estimates and annual extension calculations. Additionally, this role will involve preparing account reconciliations, responding to state tax notices, and providing support on various tax projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of corporate tax regulations, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively. Job duties include:
- Preparation of federal and state corporate tax returns, including unitary filings.
- Preparation of federal and state partnership returns.
- Calculation of book-tax differences.
- State apportionment calculations.
- Assist on annual tax provision calculations.
- Preparation of quarterly estimates and annual extension calculations.
- Preparation of account reconciliations.
- Respond to state tax notices.
- Assist on projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- 2+ years of corporate and/or partnership tax experience required, including multistate tax return preparation.
- Proficient in MS Excel, including advanced skills (ex. v-lookups, pivot tables).
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with CorpTax a plus.
- Experience using SAP and/or Oracle a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communication skills.
- Team player with positive attitude.
The salary for this role is $73,000 - $83,000 depending on experience
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.