Senior Data Backend Engineer
Curinos is the leading provider of data, technologies and insights that enable financial institutions to make better, and more profitable, data-driven decisions faster. Born out of the combination of two familiar industry powerhouses, Novantas and Informa’s FBX business, Curinos brings to market a new level of industry expertise across deposits, lending and digital experience solutions and technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Data Backend Engineer to work on the Amplero platform. Amplero’s patented technology dynamically identifies the right tone, message components, and channel preferences to improve marketing performance.
Our Data Backend Engineers are part of a cross-functional engineering team that build and maintain:
- big data ETL pipelines. This entails developing pipeline components, orchestration of those components, incoming client data ingestion, and outbound client data export.
- our core marketing decisioning engine.
- our third-party marketing cloud connectors
The salary range for this role is 135k to 150K
Candidates should have the following background, skills, and qualities:
· Programming languages
- One of Java or Scala
- Python strong nice to have
- Competency with shell scripting in a Linux environment nice to have
- Exposure to contemporary big data stacks and technologies. Typical examples include things such as Yarn, HDFS, Spark, Hadoop and Databricks, but this is not an exclusive list.
- Some experience with real-time processing nice to have
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience is preferred
- Some experience with production support
- Experience with 3rd party marking clouds (such as Salesforce) nice to have
- Self–discipline and willingness to learn
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and ability to work well with others in an intellectually challenging environment.
This is a hybrid position, with the ideal candidate located near one of our regional hubs (New York, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Toronto, & London) and able to travel to an office as needed for working sessions or team meetings.
Why work at Curinos?
Competitive benefits, including a range of Financial, Health and Lifestyle benefits to choose from
Flexible working options, including home working, flexible hours and part time options, depending on the role requirements – please ask!
Competitive annual leave, floating holidays, volunteering days and a day off for your birthday!
Learning and development tools to assist with your career development
Work with industry leading Subject Matter Experts and specialist products
Regular social events and networking opportunities
Collaborative, supportive culture, including an active DE&I program
Employee Assistance Program which provides expert third-party advice on wellbeing, relationships, legal and financial matters, as well as access to counselling services
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't meet all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have relevant skills or experience, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats, special requirements to access our buildings or adjusted interview formats please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Inclusivity at Curinos:
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Curinos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics