Senior Event Manager - Subcon Thailand
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Senior Event Manager’s role is to strategically build and develop their live and virtual event portfolios, drive the tactical implementation of these strategies with their show team, and deliver results in line with established KPIs and financial goals. As the ‘face’ of their brands, the Senior Event Manager will forge strong relationships with key stakeholders in their assigned industries on the exhibitor, attendee and association partner sides.
They will have responsibility for, and be evaluated against the financial, operational and customer performance and outlook of their events. This will require them to make decisions to deliver a commercially successful and financially viable product for the customer, with a growing market presence, engaged community and outstanding customer experience.
Role Accountability and Duties:
Strategy and growth
• Develop long and short term strategic plans for events – both physical and virtual
• Manage tactical implementation of strategic plans and lead Event Manager in developing tactics brief
• Deliver on financial, operational and customer oriented-brand objectives (e.g., new business and customer retention, customer satisfaction)
• Build strategies to seize new market opportunities, or grow the brand(s) into adjacent sectors or customer segments (across geographies, platforms, and verticals)
• Support the development of event/product pricing strategies, based on strategic layout of an event space, product bundling options, value-based pricing and commercial drivers
• Support the development of key strategic partnerships and management of association relationships
Excellence and innovation
• Lead the delivery of outstanding customer experience, working with the team to create innovative and interactive experiences at the events
• Drive creative and new ideas to engage customers at and around the events. Prototyping new ideas and innovative approaches.
• Challenge current restrictions in thinking to increase engagement of an event for the customer
• Manage P&L in collaboration with team managers and Finance
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of KPIs and forecasts
• Provide monthly reports and high-level leadership reports
• Manage collaboration across the business functions of Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, IT and Registration
• Responsible for the overall customer experience
• Line management of team managers through regular 1:1’s, professional development, and coaching | mentoring
• Monitor team and individual performance against targets, KPIs, and OKRs
• Support on the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team
• Support where necessary in the annual financial planning and quarterly forecasting meetings reviews
• Monitor and manage the day-to-day execution of events across Event, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and more
• Provide guidance in the development of all marketing, experiential, and partner programs
• Help guide the development of all live content and conference programming
• Manage the development and execution of all operationally related programs
· Minimum of 10 years experience leading exhibitions, preferably in B2B sector
· Strategic planning experience
· Experience leading teams and acting as an inspirational leader with charisma and energy
· Ability to develop relationships at senior level and support the management and interaction with of high value customer accounts
· Experience of reporting, budgeting / forecasting
· Experience of building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two-way conversation to ensure overall brand (event/product) and business success
· Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.