Financial Accountant - Group
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialised information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organisations worldwide.
The Global Support division is right at the heart of Informa. Global Support ensures the business meets our obligations, protects our assets, collaborates across Divisions and ensures all operations consistently run to the highest standards. The Group Finance function along with Strategy and Business Planning, Technology, Corporate Finance, Group Treasury, Group Tax, HR, Legal and Shared Services ensure together that all operations run consistently across the business, to the highest standards. Globally Informa has over 150 offices in more than 40 countries and employs over 10,000 staff around the world.
Informa has three businesses serving B2B customers in specialist markets: Informa Markets, Informa Connect and Informa Tech. These three businesses provide valuable knowledge, connections and digital services through a range of formats.
The Informa Markets Division connects, curates and creates access to B2B markets live and on-demand, whether through B2B trade shows or by providing highly qualified leads, specialist data solutions and digital content. We bring together a range of specialist B2B industries to meet and transact, including Pharma, Aviation and Beauty. The Division organises transaction-oriented Exhibitions and trade shows, which provide buyers and sellers across different industries and communities with a powerful platform to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business.
The Informa Connect Division creates content-led live and on-demand experiences, enabling professionals to meet, network and learn, whether at an event or by connecting communities throughout the year. We work deeply in a number of specialist markets including Fintech & Investment and Life Sciences & Biotech.
The Informa Tech Division is our market-focused business, informing, educating, connecting and inspiring the Tech community by providing specialist intelligence, in-person and online industry forums and a growing range of marketing services, audience development and digital demand products. Our brands are leaders in areas such as Cyber Security, AI and Enterprise IT
The Taylor & Francis Division is one of the world’s leading publishers of advanced, emergent, applied academic research and knowledge. Taylor & Francis’ role is to create, serve and sustain diverse specialist communities of researchers and other knowledge makers, and to maximise the contribution and impact of their work. It is a digital business with on-demand print services. Operating as the Taylor & Francis Group, it is recognised internationally through its main brands: Taylor & Francis, Routledge, CRC Press, F1000 and Dove Medical Press.
The Financial Accountant - Group (a.k.a. internally as Group Reporting Accountant) reports to the Group Financial Controller and is a key member of the high-profile Group Reporting Team of six qualified accountants.
The role allows for some balance of working both from home and the office located in Victoria, Central London with an expectation to be on-site with the team approximately 1 to 3 days per week.
- Key member of the Group Reporting Team who are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation, internal approval and delivery of the financial sections of the Half Year and Year-end external reporting
- Key team member liaising with and providing information to the external auditors
- Responsible for leading the financial accounting aspects of M&A transactions, involving co-ordinating the work of shared service centre (SSC) teams and leading and co-ordinating acquisition accounting activities
- Responsible for leading the Group Finance accounting aspects of legal entity restructurings within the group, involving planning and co-ordinating work activities involving the Group Tax team and SSCs
- Key role in activities undertaken monthly to prepare consolidated actual results and internal reporting through the Group consolidation system (SAP FC)
- Supporting the application of IFRS across the Group, involving providing technical accounting guidance to Divisions, SSCs and other Group functions accounting undertaken across the Group
- Key team member involved in pro-actively ensuring the Group’s financial accounting and reporting remains compliant with IFRS and related FRC guidance
- Supporting the development of the Group Accounting Policy manual and for providing technical accounting guidance to SSCs and Divisional Finance teams
- Reviewer of subsidiary statutory accounts
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA), who are newly or recently qualified ideally from a big 4 firm
- Strong IFRS technical accounting experience obtained in auditing or working in a large listed company environment
- Project management experience
Skills & Abilities
This position is viewed as role for an aspirational, high achieving, individual
- Flexible and comfortable in a changing, growing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- Results, product and achievement oriented to high standards - Pays attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work tasks
- Fast and responsive - working to tight deadlines
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant employees of the business in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial technical matters to non-technical people
- Knowledge of various planning and consolidation systems and ability to extract data
- IT confident with good spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
- Keen to self-develop and take on new opportunities
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave (additional 8 days for bank holidaus), 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job: https://www.informa.com/talent/informa-applicant-privacy-notice