Business Development Manager
Canalys is an independent analyst company that strives to guide clients on the future of the technology industry and to think beyond the business models of the past. We deliver smart market insights to IT, channel and service provider professionals around the world. We stake our reputation on the quality of our data, our innovative use of technology and our high level of customer service.
Canalys is part of Informa Tech, a leading provider of market insight and market access to the global business technology community. Across its portfolio of over 100+ trusted brands, Informa Tech has over 1,000 industry experts, including over 400 research analysts and consultants in global research group Omdia, and a monthly audience reach of over 125 million. Informa Tech is a division of FTSE 100 company Informa plc.
Canalys is looking for someone to drive business development and account management in Asia Pacific, focused on our clients in the enterprise technology sector.
This role is based in Singapore, with some business travel across to be expected, subject to travel restrictions.
- Create new business opportunities for event sponsorships, research, market intelligence, data and consultancy services.
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals to achieve annual quota.
- Identify and exploit business opportunities in new logo accounts.
- Upsell and cross-sell within Canalys’ large client base of technology vendors.
- Manage involvement in joint global sales opportunities.
- Decide on appropriate usage, and manage the involvement of Canalys analysts within accounts, both in supporting existing business and in developing new opportunities.
- You are an ambitious individual achiever.
- You are experienced at developing relationships at multiple levels within client organizations, including the confidence to sell to senior management. You get excited about the technology industry. You wake up every morning enthusiastic about chasing new business, overcoming obstacles and building strong client relationships.
- 3-5 years proven sales success, ideally in the technology sector.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, including a personable manner and the confidence to present to, engage with stakeholders.
Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.