Cash Applications Specialist (5 Month FTC)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
*This role will be heavily involved with the bank statement and credit card reconciliations*
The purpose of this role is to ensure the timely and accurate allocation of monies to customer accounts.
This role requires excellent communication, meticulous attention to detail and practical skills
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to. You must also ensure that duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties.
The Cash Applications Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Process bank statements and update matching rules within the system when applicable
• Input and process daily cash receipts from statements, cheques and credit cards
• Performing standard cash allocations
• Reconcile associated General Ledger
• Reconcile SAP, bank postings and MCAS daily where appropriate
• Action refund payments by appropriate method
• Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts controlled by the SSC
• Investigation and resolution of all reconciling items identified in the reconciliation process
• Prepare reconciliations for all credit card and petty cash balance sheet accounts where applicable
• Prepare reporting on cash movements to assist cash-flow analysis where applicable
• Preliminary Investigation and resolution of unidentified and unapplied payments
• Allocation of such unallocated payments to appropriate systems
• Allocation and reconciliation of funds pertaining to Agent Order Files (SSC Specific)
• Liaison with internal and external customers
• Resolution of queries from both internal and external customers
• Preparation of reporting credit balances (SSC Specific)
· General duty of care to colleagues
· Work collaboratively across teams/businesses
· Act as a role model to others
· Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
Skills & Abilities
· Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
· Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
· Remain approachable under pressure
· Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
· Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
· Work as part of a team
· Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
· Pro-actively solve problems
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Good time management skills
· Ability to be flexible within role
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge & Qualifications
· Good knowledge and understanding of Cash Applications processes within specific area of expertise:
• Queries & Allocations
• Cash Processing and Reconciliations
• Best practice in Cash Operations
· A thorough knowledge of SAP system preferable
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally.
Our benefits include:
- Tailored development opportunities and on-demand access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn
- Balance time in the office with time working remotely, feeling fully supported wherever you are
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- The chance to work from (almost!) anywhere across the globe, four weeks a year
- Competitive and rewarding benefits, tailored to each of our regions
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- The chance to become an Informa shareholder, with extra rewards just for colleagues
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.