Manufacturing Technology Analyst
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Join us and reach yours!
- Scoping – Using customer centric feedback to direct minor scope changes; keeping the research fresh by understanding customer needs/questions; enhancing the research each cycle and continually adding value to ensure we have clear USP; working with direct management to support research changes
- Writing – Providing qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; use a text plan and outline structure to support concise output; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends
- Thought leadership – Produce written insights and press material to support research outputs
- Sales support – Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering
- Event support – Partner with the events team to further Omdia’s position in the space, to build a platform for showcasing our research, and to develop new research propositions based on intelligence gathered at events
- Primary research – conducting interviews with key industry contacts across a spectrum of company types; attending trade shows; some F2F visits to support relationship development; creating a detailed log of interactions and feedback
- Secondary research – using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including – the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
- Building base data – Using primary and secondary research to build credible base data; ensuring sufficient coverage of market players; creating estimates; utilising history; ensuring consistency with related data/markets; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way
- Forecasting – Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks
The pay range for this position is $54,000.00 - $65,000.00 depending on experience.
- Experience in an analyst position or related industrial automation position
- Ability to use the phone for outreach and developing relationships (internal and external)
- Excel – solid grasp of Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation
- Experience working collaboratively towards a common goal
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Prioritizing time for competing tasks
- Writing detailed reports in a structured and concise way to capture key research highlights
- Primary research interview and data gathering skills
- Multitasking – ability to prioritize competing tasks effectively
- Collaborative approach to exploit internal resources
- Ability to piece together data from multiple sources and to connect the dots
- Use assumptions and logical thinking to create estimates and forecast
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can
succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.