SCRUM Master ( Contract)
Curinos is the leading provider of data, technologies and insights that enable financial institutions to make better, and more profitable, data-driven decisions faster. Born out of the combination of two familiar industry powerhouses, Novantas and Informa’s FBX business, Curinos brings to market a new level of industry expertise across deposits, lending and digital experience solutions and technologies.
As a SCRUM Master, you will remove technical impediments, coordinate releases, and maintain alignment across Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders. Help maintain the product/sprint backlogs by facilitating sprint backlog refinement/planning and ensure each user story in the backlog is well written and meets the teams definition of ready.
You can expect the following responsibilities:
- Delivery Process
- Providing rigor for all Agile ceremonies, including quality of story production, while having a constant focus on improving the team.
- Supporting and educating our Product Managers/Owners on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Facilitate the capture of story points using SCRUM poker
- Assess team capacity against release plans and track engineering flow metrics to
- Coordination / Sequencing of code promotion between Dev, QA, UAT and Production environments
- Support QA team to clear any blockages for manual/automated testing
- Coordinate with IT on promotion process for product releases
- Providing full transparency to the organization at all stages of projects through consistent and accurate reporting.
- Technical Debt identification/prioritization
- Working with SCRUM team to identify tech debt
- Work with PM to incorporate tech debts into planning/stories
- Team Health
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised with an emphasis on consistently improving and problem-solving
- Perform sprint retrospectives
- Act on any action items in order to improve the value stream for that team
- This position is $70/per hour - 40 hours per week for a one year contract.
- Understanding of Agile Principles and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Technical background, former programmers that will have a deep understanding of the teams work to best serve them.
- Strong facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Very organized, driven, and inspired by achieving results within an organization.
- Self-motivated, willing to step up and help in any way you can. There’s no such thing as “that’s not my job” on our teams
- Strong communication, team dynamics, and conflict resolution
- 3+ years of proven agile team experience
- Familiarity with JIRA, SQL, and Microsoft Office products, JIRA Advanced Roadmap is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or other related degree
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't meet all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have relevant skills or experience, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats, special requirements to access our buildings or adjusted interview formats please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Inclusivity at Curinos
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Curinos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.