Delegate Relations Specialist (6 Months Contract)
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Each of our five operating divisions has a distinct focus:
Informa Connect aims to provide expert content you cannot Google, and access to specialist networks and communities, through major branded annual events and specialist digital communities and content services.
Informa Intelligence provides specialist digital information and data products, consultancy and research services to over 25,000 business worldwide, helping companies make better informed decisions and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
Informa Tech aims to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world by providing research, media, training and events to specialist technology communities worldwide.
Taylor & Francis commissions, curates, produces and publishes scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, advancing research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Our sixth division is Global Support, which provides shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions.
This role is primarily concerned with offering delegate seats to high-profile clients for conferences and digital events (a growing part of our offering) that we run Globally.
The Delegate Relations Executive will be expected to advise customers on the range of conferences and courses that we run, and on any additional services offered. Any Delegate Acquisition must reflect the training needs of the customer, but also consider fully the overall business strategy, with the aim of maximizing long-term revenue. An additional key part of the role is to identify cross-selling opportunities, understand the client’s needs and provide them with information about live and future events in their relevant portfolio.
The Delegate Relations Executive will report to the Conference Director, but close liaison with other members of the Sales and Marketing teams is also required to ensure that all delegate acquisition activity accurately reflect the needs of the events as well as the wider portfolio that Informa Markets offer.
This role is ideally suited to a resourceful, proactive individual with exceptional organizational skills.
- Acquire high-profile delegates for conferences hosted at large scale events.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell our whole portfolio of events.
- Work towards call rate targets set by the Conference Director and Exhibition Manager.
- Provide detailed feedback on the progress of each event and delegate acquisition campaign.
- Contribute to new lead generation activities using all available resources.
- Following up all leads in a timely and pro-active manner.
- Ensure consistency of any sales/marketing information (keeping customers apprised of current prices, discounts (if any), target audience, priorities, resource availability etc.).
- Liaise closely with both the wider team and the event team to ensure delegate acquisition activities are conducted in the most efficient manner, and it is a way that is aligned with the wider business.
- Additional duties as required in support of the overall business and as the need arises.
- This role requires the ability to work remotely.
- Drive delegate acquisition and occasionally sales performance with out-of-the-box ideas and consultative selling.
- Proven track record within a sales environment able to demonstrate successful sales record of high-value sales & digital sales.
- Proven track record of face-to-face selling and relationship building.
- Understanding of event sales cycles.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commercial awareness.
- Capable of working in a high-pressure environment.
- Effective Communication.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Customer Focus.
- Planning & organizing.
- Flexible & Adaptable.
- Team player.
- Influence, persistence and persuasion.
- Attention to detail.
Qualities needed for culture fit:
- A team player that is willing to help their colleagues.
- Should be flexible and adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Should be able to confidently liaise with a diverse selection of people, internally and externally.
- Background experience in energy and utilities industry
- Knowledge / proficiency of Salesforce
- Spoken Arabic
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.